Monday, January 11, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays, Gotta Love It!



I awoke this morning to the sound of rain dumping on my roof. I like the sound. I like my low-pitched roof for the very reason of being able to hear the rain. It helps in the enjoyment to know that my roof is just two years old with a 30-year warranty.

I put some coffee on and snuggled in my favorite chair to spend some time in the Word wondering if it was ever going to get light today. It eventually did get lighter, and even stopped raining halfway through my afternoon run. My ideal morning, like today, begins with coffee while doing my devotionals. I then move to my computer to check the email and delete the overnight spam offers that promise to enhance...things

Today I met with a client to go over their project. They have chosen a design direction that I provided and want to carry it to completion. I'm stoked! I look forward to developing their business cards and stationary, Powerpoint template, and website. What's most exciting about the work is that their business deals with historical financial documents, all of which are printed using the intaglio process (the process used in printing currency). Today I was able to see their collection of very old currency. It was incredible.

I've been nursing a goofy ankle injury. Today was my second day of running this year. Praise the Lord! I had no substantial pain after this run. I will be able to run my next run with less trepidation.

As I write this, the rain is once again drumming upon my roof--just in time to lull me off to sleep.





No comments:

Post a Comment