Saturday, January 9, 2010

Enjoying the moderate Northwest

While the other two-thirds of the country is crippled by an arctic blast reaching clear down to Florida, I enjoyed a run through Tacoma with my friend Patrick. Oddly for me, this was my first run of the year! I've been nursing an ankle "issue." Nothing crippling (like an arctic blast), just an odd pain that is absent during my runs but is annoying when I walk. It's annoying! However, I had an encouraging run and great conversations with Pat.

Point Defiance has to be my favorite place to run. Although running in DC was a monumental occasion for me, Point D. is still the absolute best (even better when it's closed to traffic).

This is my first posting on my blog. I have this huge expectation I put on myself to write oodles of meaningful words that will capture my innermost feelings. Perhaps the feeling of uncertainty I have in starting my own freelance design gig, or the great support I have from my friends and family. Or, maybe the fulfillment I get from assisting with first-grade Sunday school at church.

Actually, I'm reading this book by Peter C. Newman called, Company of Adventurers. It traces the history of the Hudson's Bay Company from the second half of the nineteenth century to the company's contemporary work. Well, as contemporary as the book can go since the book's copyright of 1985. It's a fascinating read.

Since it's Saturday and a decent weather day, I spent more time than usual out of doors. I bought a new camera just before Thanksgiving and have been taking opportunities to get better acquainted with it. Here are a few pics I shot today.








No comments:

Post a Comment