Sunday, January 10, 2010

Enjoying the great outdoors

Today started with a great sunrise. Since I attend church in Gig Harbor, I drove down to a frequented photo spot to take snaps at the sunrise over Mt. Rainier, seen from the harbor. I was so caught up in the moment that I was a bit late for the service.







After breakfast with a good friend of mine, I went home to change before heading to Chambers Creek for a hike with my camera. You know, I've lived here all of my life and I've never explored the trials that lead back into the creek. It was awesome! The water was running pretty good. I was wondering why they called this a creek rather than a river. The moss growth was incredible. I hardly saw a soul. I had the park to myself--at least that's what I told myself while traipsing over decomposing leaves on mosit, loamy soil.







No comments:

Post a Comment