Wednesday, January 20, 2010

An invite for dinner

Two days ago my niece, Andrea, invited me for dinner--that would be on MLK Day. I jumped on the offer. It was a balmy, sun-filled day. The Chinook winds from the previous night blew in some nice weather. It was a welcomed change from the drippy days of last week.



I took my time driving up to their house in Lynnwood. I drove along the water to West Seattle and took pictures along the way. I reached Alki Point around sunset and got lost in the moment--surrounded by folks enjoying the out-of-doors, passing me in their preferred mode of enjoyment. What a great place!

I had a great meal with the Dahlmans. My niece and her husband, Jim, have four fun kids who enjoyed having their uncle over for dinner. I was a new audience for them while I enjoyed watching their unique performances. I had fun! I appreciate the chance to hang out with my family up north.





No comments:

Post a Comment