Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cars can drive a body...



Until today, I have taken my car for granted. I took it in for a scheduled oil change and left with four new tires, at cost. Well, it didn't happen that spontaneously. I actually left the dealer, deciding to buy them at Les Schwab. However, their price was no different than the dealer. So I scheduled another appointment and am now a proud, weary owner of four new tires.

Normally, this would not be so painful, but my current employment situation causes me to ponder--more than usual--the transfer of funds in this manner. In the end, though, I do have comfort knowing my wheels are fit for the road.

I loitered around the dealer's "comfort lounge" a couple of times today like I was waiting for a loved one to arrive from surgery. I read my bible study notes while I did my best to avoid watching Matt Lauer and his gang. Fortunately I was one of only two people there, so I tunred the sound down while the other dude was reading.

You can learn alot about an indiviudal by listening to their cell phone conversations. Believe me, I would rather not. However, there are people who apparently have the freedom to share their lives openly. One gal parked herself by a complimentary phone nearby and responded to a remark on the other line. She blew her cool and told of how she was a different person now and how she wished people could forget the past and see her for how she is now. She's saying all this while doing her banking with credit card receipts spread all over the table, all along everyone is looking up at each other wondering the same thing: Is she really doing this?

Now, don't get me wrong. We all have our moments. However, there comes a time when common sense kicks in. Common sense for me would have been to bring my iPod along, at least for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment