Monday, January 25, 2010

The Cushman Trial





Saturday I invited my running buddy, Rich, on a bike ride to check out the new Cushman Trail in Gig Harbor. The county just finished adding a couple additional miles to the trail. They did a fine job. There were some 10% grades on the way back that gave us a good workout.



Biking will have to be my form of exercise for the next couple of weeks. I pulled my right hamstring last Thursday during a standard run with my old Russell gang during lunch. I'm pretty bummed. Especially since the weather is supposed to be decent this week. This, in addition to my recent ankle discomfort, reminds me that my 50th birthday is this year. I've heard your body goes downhill after 50! I don't believe that, but I sure am reminded about it more lately.

Today I ran on the UPS track for a positive sign. However, it just confirmed that I have a minor pulled hamstring. Rats!

No comments:

Post a Comment