Thursday, February 24, 2011

Seattle Stay



I spent a couple of nights in Seattle this week. I don't recall every spending a night in a Seattle hotel. I actually spent each night in a different hotel. The first night was spent at the Vintage Park Hotel on 5th Ave. The second night I moved to the Westin. Both were great hotels and a great price thanks to Priceline.com.

Tuesday night I went to the Triple Door for dinner and to hear the acoustic guitar of Trace Bundy. Wow, what a gifted guitarist. I would recommend going to hear him if you ever get the chance. I was also impressed with the venue.

I, too, had never spent time in Fremont and Ballard. These are great places to hang out. In Fremont, I stopped at a glass studio called the Edge of Glass and ad a tour from the owner, James Curtis. His glass work is unique enough, but I particularly enjoyed his collection of art deco and nouveau metal light stands. If I ever have some disposable cash, I'd love to have some of his work in my house.

I had lunch in Ballard at La Carta de Oaxaca, recommeded by a local merchant. It lived up to it's recommendation. I had the chicken quesadilla which was made with traditional mole sauce and Oaxacan cheese taking me back fifteen years when I visted a friend who lived in the Mexican city.



No comments:

Post a Comment