Monday, February 14, 2011

House/Dog Sitting Reprised

A friend of mine escaped the gray of our Northwest winter and headed south for a long weekend. I agreed to keep her house "lived-in" and her dog "lived with." Meet Cappy. He's a typical poodle, and very cute. I think he enjoyed having me around. Especially when I would eat an apple. Oh my word, he freaked out.



He puts on this aire that he doesn't do hard wood floor. He'd rather walk on the carpet, which there are only a few area rugs around--one in the diningroom and one in the livingroom. I happened to be in the kitchen cutting some slides when I hear this barking commotion. I peered around the corner to find him inching his way on the hard wood. Apparently, when it comes to fruit he makes an exception. However, up until this time I had been carrying him around to avoid his precious feet touching the smooth surface. I was duped.

The house has a great 180 view of the water, looking across to Fox Island. Friday turned out to be a sunny day and a low tide making for a great opportunity to hang out on the beach for a while. Saturday, the wind picked up and made for a great indoor retreat to read a book I've been enjoying, In Justice by Alan Sears.



No comments:

Post a Comment