Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lake Champlain, New York



I recently had the opportunity to visit upstate New York to shoot a wedding. I stayed in a small town called Pottersville in Adirondak Park and enjoyed it immensely. The region was saturated with recent rains swelling the area rivers and lakes. I had a free day to take a drive and traveled as far north as I could go without a passport. Unfortunately I had left it at home, not thinking I'd end up so close to Montreal.






I had a great time traveling around Lake Champlain, on both the New York and Vermont sides. I was in awe of how much the swollen contryside had encroached upon the residents. Entire houses and properties, regardless of wealth status, were affected. I was also surprised at how rural the state is. This border area reminded me of the Mt. Vernon area in Washington State.









No comments:

Post a Comment