Thursday, January 27, 2011

Speedy Clouds



Yesterday the winds created cloud formations atop Mt. Rainier much of the day. I was driving to Costco at noon to pick up a photo enlargement and noticed what was going on up there. I had to take some photos. I had planed to drive to Puyallup anyway, but once I was there I couldn't find the right viewing spot. So I cancelled my original plan and ended up driving to the turn-off to Mowich Lake, about 20 miles from the mountain and took these shots.

I spent close to two ours taking pictures. I thought I'd be resourceful and keep my hazard lights going to alert any passing cars that I was there. However, after I packed and got ready to go, the car wouldn't start. I thought, "Great, here I'm in a remote spot with no cell reception." It wasn't long before I was able to flag down a passing truck to ask if they had cables. He had none. A second car approached. A bearded man reaking of smoke stopped and graciously helped me out. I now remembered that I had my own jumper cables all along, and soon I was on the road, a bit later than I planned. But I did come away with some great shots of the mountain.



No comments:

Post a Comment