Thursday, February 4, 2010

The scenic route



This morning I had breakfast with my friend Sue. We go back at least 25 years when we worked with the youth at First Covenant Church here in Tacoma. She live out in Port Orchard, so we ate at the Pancake House. Good food! Pancakes make people happy! Well, they make me happy. It was great catching up on life. After breakfast, she gave me a tour of her house which has a fantastic view of Bremerton and the Olympic Mountains. I'm a little jealous!

Anyway, while she was showing me the yard, I heard the screech of an eagle which was perched in a tree a few houses down from Sue's. I'm always in awe when I see one of these great birds. Fortunately it's becoming a common occurance. I'm used to seeing them at Point Defiance, but not so close to traffic and people.

After our visit, I took the scenic route back home along the water. I ended up in Manchester. I can't say that I've ever been in Manchester before. I suppose my dad must have driven our family there at one time in our lives. But this is my first recollection of the place. What a nice spot. It has a terrific view of Seattle, Blake Island and Mount Rainier. It would be the perfect spot to see the sunrise.

I when happy with my camers. Here are some of the results of my time in Manchester.



















No comments:

Post a Comment